Quick Q on ODBC problem

From: Matt Cremer <matthew.cremer_at_aspect.com.au>
Date: 8 Jan 1999 05:37:35 GMT

Hi All,

Just a quick Q on a problem I'm having with ODBC drivers after 8.0.4.0.0.

I'm getting a GPF caused by the memory I've allocated being overwritten after I've allegedly freed it. This is related only to those parts of the program that execute SQL statements; and I have a suspicion it may be something I'm doing or something the ODBC driver is doing.

Basically, it looks at time like the SQLFreeStmt command is only unbinding one column in multiple-column result sets (unsure of exact terminology, so I hope that's correct). So when I perform one statement, get the results, free that memory, and try to perform the next statement - that previously-freed memory is overwritten by the same data from the previous statement. An error doesn't occur immediately, but it tends to scribble in funny places in memory, eventually causing a GPF in memory deallocation (usually).

So I was wondering if this sort of thing has happened to anyone else, and whether they ever resolved the problem. I have a suspicion that it may be the driver, but I'm extremely open to suggestion that it's something I'm doing wrong ... so I was hoping for similar experiences from others?

Thanks with great muchness,
Matt. Received on Thu Jan 07 1999 - 23:37:35 CST