Newbie PITA problem

From: Michael P Collins <mc7f+_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: 7 Jan 1999 10:52:48 -0500

I've encountered this weird situation with an oracle database that may or may not be the resutl of an external power outage that occurred at our site a while back. What I'd like to do is compare the two database files -present and past, I've got the past one recoevered from tape. Is there any way to just load up the old data file? I was informed by one of the local gurus that swapping it in would be a bad move since Oracle keeps track of revision numbers in database files. Received on Thu Jan 07 1999 - 09:52:48 CST