Re: Replication over the Internet?

From: David M. Tyburski <dtyburski_at_nspr.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 09:14:56 -0600

I would also like to know if there is a way to do this directly. I have been working with microsoft's VPN for the past 8 months and have found lots of uses for it. Since it can establish a dial on demand connection to connect one network to another, I can see how it could be used to accomplish this task. I have never done it using oracle replication, but I have used a VPN to do Lotus Notes replication. It works great, so I see no reason why Oracle wouldn't work just as well. I hope this info at least helps

David M. Tyburski
Senior Systems Analyst

<clint_lockheed_at_my-dejanews.com> wrote in message news:76tucq$ps5$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com...
>Is it possible to effectively use the Oracle Advanced Replication services
>through an Internet IP-to-IP connection? Is anybody doing this. If so, are
you
>using a VPN, or can this be accomplished directly through a proxy-to-proxy
>system? Any information, hints, resources would be greatly appreciated.
I've