SQLPlus can't find shared library

From: Kenny Abernathy <kabernathy_at_asgna.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 22:01:26 -0600

I've installed Oracle 8.0.5 on RedHat Linux 5.1, and the install seemed to go well. I didn't have a root.sh script (which may be OK, as I was just installing client software, sqlplus, proc, but no server).

When I try to run SQLPlus, though, I receive the following error:

sqlplus: error in loading shared libraries libclntsh.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have my ORACLE_HOME environment variable set, and the file does exist in the ORACLE_HOME/lib directory.

(I actually found this question and answer on Dejanews, but they were in Dutch, leaving me more clueless than ever).

Thanks,

Kenny Abernathy
kabernathy_at_asgna.com
Architel Systems Corp. Received on Tue Jan 05 1999 - 22:01:26 CST