"JOIN" keywords won't work with Oracle Lite via ODBC

From: <nguyead_at_cat.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 23:43:39 GMT

Hi all,

I'm converting my current application which uses MS Access to use Oracle Lite and I'm running into this problem where I would get "Syntax Error" returned from Oracle Lite on any query that uses keyword like "Inner join", "left join", "Outer join", etc.

Ex: SELECT * FROM table1 INNER JOIN table2 ON table1.col1 = table2.col2 I know the way that Oracle does it for this query is   SELECT * FROM table1, table2 WHERE table1.col1 = table2.col2 but our current code has a HUGE number of queries like this so I would hate to go through and change them all.

I'm connecting to Oracle Lite using ODBC. Should I be able to use these keywords with Oracle Lite?
Does anyone know that these JOIN statements are ODBC compliant? Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance.
Andrew Nguyen