Replication over the Internet?

From: <clint_lockheed_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 20:58:04 GMT

Is it possible to effectively use the Oracle Advanced Replication services through an Internet IP-to-IP connection? Is anybody doing this. If so, are you using a VPN, or can this be accomplished directly through a proxy-to-proxy system? Any information, hints, resources would be greatly appreciated. I've checked Oracles site but can find nothing useful regarding this question.

We are trying to conceive how best to replicate 4 or 5 servers with a fairly simple database that is distributed in various world locations. Real time replication is not necessarly but we can't use simple read-only snapshot replication. All slave databases must gather information and update the master database periodically.

Clint Lewis
Consultant