Re: please help: oralce8 on NT4

From: <suisum_at_ecn.ab.ca>
Date: 5 Jan 99 20:48:56 GMT

Hi:

Try to double click on the strtorcl under your ORACLE_HOME/database directory. I don't start the Oracle service through Control Panel. I found that the database cannot be started properly sometimes.

Please detail how you pass any login by using internal/oracle? I think the password may not be correct. Please right click on the 'strtorcl' batch file (in notepad), next to the word -usrpwd, it is the password for internal. And do the following:

Open up a DOS session.
type : set oracle_sid=orcl<ENTER>
type : svrmgr30 <ENTER>
when you in svrmgr prompt, type: connect internal/your_password <ENTER> type : startup

The above works for me.

Tom Wong (tomwong_at_world.std.com) wrote:
: used 'typical' option to install oracle 8 on window nt4,
: but can not pass any login dialog by using internal/oracle as username/password.
: whenever i do this, i get 'ORA-12203: TNS: unable to connect to destination'
: message. i try to start 'ORacleServiceORCL' using Services of Control Panel, and
: get error message 'Error 0193 %1 is not a valid Window NT application'.
: What's wrong with my Oracle installation ? or do i need to use user manager to
: add any database userr name ?

: i am a beginner to oralce world, pls help.
: thamnk you very very much in advacnce.

--
Best regards, Received on Tue Jan 05 1999 - 14:48:56 CST