Re: Validating SQL ??

From: Boyce G. Williams, Jr. <bgwillia_at_vcu.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 13:59:51 GMT

I'm not sure about Oracle but I believe DB2 has a command to validate SQL syntax. I suspect Oracle does too.

Matthew Green <matthewgreen_at_powersoft-services.co.uk> wrote:

>Is there a command which will let me validate SQL statements before
>applying them e.g..
>

>update contacts
>set name = 'ABC'
>

>so I want to check if the syntax is right before executing.
>

>If you can shed any light
>

>Thanks
>
>Matt

Boyce G. Williams, Jr.

 | "People should have two virtues:  purpose- the courage to envisage |
 | and pursue valued goals uninhibited by the defeat of infantile     |
 | fantasies, by guilt and the failing fear punishment;  and wisdom- a|
 | detached concern with life itself, in the face of death itself."   |
 |                                                     Norman F. Dixon|