Re: Table that exists only in memory

From: <mpir_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 13:53:59 GMT

There are some possibilities. Specifically, if your platform is large enough, set your SGA db buffers and shared pool to huge (as big as you can go and not cause paging). Then you can pin the table to the shared area. Caveats: Best with small table and huge ram. If you are using V8.x, consider setting the table to NOLOGGING with CACHEing. Depending on table size, sga size,activity types, these may help.

The RAM disk can't hurt.

--
Joseph R.P. Maloney, CCP,CSP,CDP
MPiR, Inc.