Re: Audit Help

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 5 Jan 1999 11:25:40 GMT

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999 11:43:52 -0500, "Jeff Reed" <jgreed_at_edgenet.net> wrote:

>Can someone tell me which table I need to look in to see what users have
>logged on to a database? I do have auditing turned on.

Take a look at V$SESSION. You probably will need to log in as SYSTEM or SYS in order to see it. V$SESSION contains an entry for each active database session. Note that it is possible for one user to have two or more sessions.

V$SESSION works regardless of whether auditing is on or off. If you have auditing turned on, the audit information is all written to a table named SYS$AUD$. That is, unless you have asked for it to be written to an operating system file.

Jonathan Received on Tue Jan 05 1999 - 05:25:40 CST