Re: oracle pragma problems with functions

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 18:12:00 GMT

A copy of this was sent to wizardlll_at_my-dejanews.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 04 Jan 1999 15:16:13 GMT, you wrote:

>I'm having a problem with user-defined inline functions that are contained in
>a package that are using constants that are in another package. When I try
>it Oracle returns an error that the inline functions violate a package purity
>because they are trying to use the constants in the other package header.
>
>Thank You

Have you specified the package purity level of the reference package full of constants? For example:

SQL> create or replace package my_globals   2 as
  3 x number default 5;
  4
  4 pragma restrict_references( my_globals, wnds, rnds, wnps, rnps );   5 end;
  6 /
Package created.

with out the pragma above, the following code won't compile as the purity of my_globals has not been asserted...

SQL> create or replace package my_pkg
  2 as

  3          function getx return number;
  4          pragma restrict_references( getx, wnds, rnds, wnps );
  5
  5
  5 pragma restrict_references( my_pkg, wnds, rnds, wnps, rnps );   6 end;
  7 /
Package created.

SQL> create or replace package body my_pkg   2 as
  3
  3 function getx return number
  4 is
  5 begin
  6 return my_globals.x;
  7 end;
  8
  8
  8 end;
  9 /
Package body created.

SQL> select my_pkg.getx from dual;

      GETX

         5

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Mon Jan 04 1999 - 12:12:00 CST