Oracle Lite JAC and stored procedures

From: <eilensm_at_fh-trier.de>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 12:38:17 GMT

Hi everybody,

does anybody know how to write stored procedures using the JAC interface? I tried to write a simple procedure which sums up the quantity of an order-item and inserts the value into another attribute. Compiling the java-source and attaching the class works fine, but when I call it in SQL, I get an error. I don't know the exact error-message but the message-help says that it could have to do with a problem of converting a java-type into an oracle lite type or vice versa.

The structure of the Oracle Lite class is the following: class Order(order# int, orderDate date, orderItems OrderItems, sum int) with OrderItems(article Article, amount int) and Article(article# int, price float)

The SP should sum up the price of the order-items and put the result in the sum-attribute of the order.

Another question, how can you call SP's with the JAC interface? and where can I find satisfying documentation about it. The Java Application Developers Guide treats SP's only with JDBC and SQL and says that using SP's with JAC is explained in the JAC-chapter, but I couldn't find anything about SP's in this chapter? Did I get something wrong or did they forget sth. ???

Thanks,
Marc

P.S: please cc me as I'm not always on the list

--

Marc Eilens
FB Angewandte Informatik,