Re: USER_SYS_PRIVS and DBA_SYS_PRIVS

From: Geoffrey Hui <geoffreyh_at_fujitsu.com.hk>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 13:45:11 +0800

Hello,

This is because USER_SYS_PRIVS contains information about only system privileges, but not roles. You may what to take a look at USER_ROLE_PRIVS, from there you will see CONNECT and RESOURCE roles under the column GRANTED_ROLE.

If you want to see what system privileges have been granted to a role, I think you can join the USER_ROLE_PRIVS and ROLE_SYS_PRIVS views to obtain these information.

cheers,
geoffrey