Re: Looking for Add Same User SQL simliar to NT "Security Manager"

From: Aj <ajkumar_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 21:34:51 -0500

Pet

Try to generate a script for the Database. Info about Users are stored in the Database....

SET HEADING OFF select 'CREATE USER '||'&New_USER_NAME'||' IDENTIFIED BY '||'&New_PASSWORD' || ' DEFAULT TABLESPACE '||DEFAULT_TABLESPACE||' TEMPORARY_TABLESPACE '||TEMPORARY_TABLESPACE
FROM DBA_USERS
WHERE USERNAME = UPPER('&Current_USERNAME')

This is just a small example..... This creates the script for the new user based on the existing one.

HTH Aj