Re: Built-in packages, howto manualy install?

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 2 Jan 1999 00:43:09 GMT

On Fri, 1 Jan 1999 14:19:48 -0500, "Ola Kvalvaag" <Kvalvaag_at_email.msn.com> wrote:

>Sqlplus and plsql gives messages on missing packages in particular
>DBMS_STANDARD, I am guessing tha one of the scripts in
>$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin would build the and install the packages

The script named CATPROC.SQL runs another script named DBMSSTDX.SQL. That second script is the one that creates DBMS_STANDARD. You should be able to run the CATPROC script using SVRMGR. In fact, you are supposed to whenever you create a new database. CATPROC creates the data dictionary views (DBA_, ALL_, USER_), the DBMS_STANDARD package, and some other things that you need. Be sure that you are logged in as SYS when you run it.

Jonathan Received on Fri Jan 01 1999 - 18:43:09 CST