Re: * Help * - Error accessing Oracle with ADO from an ASP

From: Cowboy <NoSPAMMgbworld_at_home.comNoSPAMM>
Date: 1998/12/31

On 30 Dec 1998 00:17:07 GMT, "Chris Highfield" <chris.highfield_at_virgin.net> wrote:

>I am having problems writing and ASP to access and display data from an
>Oracle database using ADO. I am running everything on one PC using WIN95,
>Personal Oracle 8.0.4 & Personal Web Server (from the NT Option Pack CD)
>
>The application simply retrieves a record and displays it or redirects the
>user if the record isn't found.
>
>It appears to work correctly with MS Access but when running over the
>Oracle database it gives an error given is ASP 0115 at the point that the
>code runs a check to see if any records have been found using
>'recordset.EOF'. This error only occurs if there are records in the result
>set.
>
>The ODBC I am using is the specific Oracle 8.0.4 driver as supplied by
>Oracle.
>
>Any help would be much appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>
>Chris

Chris:

First off check the support article on error 0115 (a trapable error). In general, this error is due to a lack of permissions. If this article does not help you, post the code for the section where you are trying to test if EOF. You might want to post it anyway, since there might be a better way to do it, but definitely post if you can't find an answer in the support docs.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q194/1/90.asp

Greatest of luck.

GB
MCSE, MVP