Re: Getting Role and Permissions from DB

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 14:57:38 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Manoj Goel" <mgoel_at_jps.net> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 31 Dec 1998 06:43:16 -0800, you wrote:

>Hi Guys,
>
> We have to many times create/drop/modify the tables in our db,as still db
>changes
> are going thru. But whenever this happens the permissions are lost on
>certain roles.
>
> Also soon we may have to move the db to a new server for testing for
>QA's.But this
> time I wanted that we don't have to go thru the same pain and loose two
>days to again figure out
> what objects lost the permissions in certain roles.

sounds like you might need a change management tool, you might consider looking into some of those.

>Is there any commands that we can use to restore the same privilges whenever
>we move to
> another db or do chnages in same db.??

well, the following will help somewhat:

>Please let me know
>
>Thanks for any help
>
>Manoj

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Thu Dec 31 1998 - 08:57:38 CST