Re: How to hide sqlplus login/passwd

From: Ronald A. Peithman <ron.peithman_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 16:28:55 -0700

Damon K. Haley wrote:

> I happened to see this thread and it offered good suggestions on
> hiding username/password when running an sql command and then
> returning to unix.
>
> How can I hide username/password when I just want to enter sqlplus
> and run commands from the sql> prompt?

I use a korn shell in UNIX and create an alias: alias sql='sqlplus @ ~/profile.sql $ORACLE_SID'

The profile.sql looks like:
scott/tiger
set arraysize 64

set linesize     80
set numwidth     12

set pagesize 50000
set serveroutput on size 1000000
set sqlprompt "&1.> "
set trimspool on
set verify off
ALTER SESSION set NLS_DATE_FORMAT='DD-MON-YYYY'; prompt SCOTT profile loaded

Since I don't have a quit or exit command in there, control returns to the command line. The userid/password is the first line of the script. I like to use 4 digit years so I put that in the script also. Received on Wed Dec 30 1998 - 17:28:55 CST