Re: How to get a lock on single row

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 30 Dec 1998 22:18:19 GMT

From: "Manoj Goel" >>
What we are trying to do is implement a FIFO(first in first out) kind of thing in db.
When 2 users want a new number at the same time I want that there is no conflict <<

It sounds like you could use an Oracle sequence, numeric key generator, for this. See the SQL manual create sequence command or the Concepts manual for more complete information.

Mark Powell -- Oracle 7 Certified DBA
- The only advice that counts is the advice that you follow so follow your own advice - Received on Wed Dec 30 1998 - 16:18:19 CST