Re: ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 7 with name "R05" too small

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 08:44:53 -0800

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, Daryl Peh wrote:

> Hi, I am currently running 5 stored procedures concurrently every night
> and have been getting this error message a few times a week.
> Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.
> Can anyone help explain what this error message is about.
> It can't be the rollback segment is too small as the DBA confirm
> that the rollback segment is actually very big.
> And none of my stored procedures is updating the same table.

See my posting to this group from October: Message-ID: <Pine.OSF.3.95.981019103115.16447C-100000_at_gonzo.wolfenet.com>

It is archived at DejaNews:
http://x13.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=402881062&CONTEXT=915036094.323420383&hitnum=0

--
Jeremiah Wilton http://www.wolfenet.com/~jeremiah Received on Wed Dec 30 1998 - 10:44:53 CST