How to get a lock on single row

From: Manoj Goel <mgoel_at_jps.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:45:11 -0800

Hi guys,

  We are trying to get a lock on a single row so that next query does not see that row.
  Is it possible to do that in Oracle 7.3.(I don't want to commit as yet or update the data
 so that row is excluded)

  Please guide me how to do something like this

 Thanks

 Manoj Received on Wed Dec 30 1998 - 06:45:11 CST