ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 7 with name "R05" too small

From: Daryl Peh <daryl-bc_peh_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:17:21 +0800

Hi, I am currently running 5 stored procedures concurrently every night and have been getting this error message a few times a week. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Can anyone help explain what this error message is about. It can't be the rollback segment is too small as the DBA confirm that the rollback segment is actually very big. And none of my stored procedures is updating the same table.

regards

Daryl Received on Tue Dec 29 1998 - 20:17:21 CST