Re: Can't start listerner in NT 4.0

From: <suisum_at_ecn.ab.ca>
Date: 29 Dec 98 15:20:04 GMT

Hi Peggy:

Yes, you are right. The listener.ora is the source of problem. It contains two TCP/IP entries sharing same port 1521. After I delete one entry for the loop bakc, it just work fine.

Thanks,

Peggy Marcantoni (peggyandkeith_at_worldnet.att.net) wrote:

: suisum_at_ecn.ab.ca wrote in message <3687b20f.0_at_ecn.ab.ca>...
: >I also have this strange problem. The listener cannot be started vis
: >control panel. I got an error:
: >
: > cannot start the OracleTNSlisterner80 serivce on \\my_pc
: > error: 1067. The process terminated unexpectly.
: >
: >Please help.

: Every time I've experienced this there has been a problem within the
: listener.ora file. There is a trace file created that is associated with
: the listener service that will list the point of failure during the parse of
: the listener.ora file. Sorry I can't be more specific, I don't currently
: have access to a sample machine.

--
Best regards, Received on Tue Dec 29 1998 - 09:20:04 CST