Re: Can't start listerner in NT 4.0

From: Peggy Marcantoni <peggyandkeith_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 29 Dec 1998 04:47:57 GMT

suisum_at_ecn.ab.ca wrote in message <3687b20f.0_at_ecn.ab.ca>...
>I also have this strange problem. The listener cannot be started vis
>control panel. I got an error:
>
> cannot start the OracleTNSlisterner80 serivce on \\my_pc
> error: 1067. The process terminated unexpectly.
>
>Please help.

Every time I've experienced this there has been a problem within the listener.ora file. There is a trace file created that is associated with the listener service that will list the point of failure during the parse of the listener.ora file. Sorry I can't be more specific, I don't currently have access to a sample machine. Received on Mon Dec 28 1998 - 22:47:57 CST