Re: Help with SQLNet on NT client?

From: Chris Gadsby <chris_gadsby_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1998/12/24

Billy,

Yes thanks - it wasn't that bad :-)

Anyway, to complete the picture I did in the end sort out the setup. The secret is to replace the vipx.exe call that the Novell netware client installs in the autoexec.nt with the original vwipxspx.exe call from the old MS Netware client. It seems that the MS version emulates the ipx stack in the VDM better than the Novell version. ("better" in this case being closer to what sqlnet1 expects).

Thanks again for your comments.

Regards

Chris

Billy Verreynne wrote in message <75qr9f$7os$1_at_hermes.is.co.za>...

>The NT NetWare software you've is 32bit. The old legacy DOS app is 16bit.
>What's missing from this config is something to translate (or thunk) the
>16bit DOS SPX calls to the 32bit SPX NT driver.

 <snip>