Re: Oracle client install environment settings problem

From: Vern Bradner <Vern_Bradner_at_newcourt.com>
Date: 24 Dec 1998 14:13:35 GMT

Hi Fuzzy,

That solved the problem: I ended up deleting the line in autoexec.bat where TEMP was getting set and typing it in again. Seems that the Oracle client install must be stuffing some non-printable characters at the end of the line..

Thanks!

Vern

On Thu, 24 Dec 1998 00:06:15 GMT,
granta_at_nospam.student.canberra.edu.au (Fuzzy) wrote:

>On 23 Dec 1998 23:01:06 GMT, Vern_Bradner_at_newcourt.com (Vern Bradner)
>wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>After installing Oracle client 7.3.3.3 on a Windows 95 client, it
>>seems that my TEMP environmental variable setting got messed up. I
>>don't see a value for TEMP. I do however see a long string of XXXX's.
>>I so attempt to set TEMP in the user's autoexec.bat, but to no avail.
>>
>>Have others seen this phenomenon?
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>Vern
>>Vern Bradner vern_bradner_at_newcourt.com
>
>Vern,
>
>We had this happen. We had to step through every existing line in the
>config.sys and autoexec.bat file to find the culprit ... but it was in
>one of those two.
>
>Regards
>Fuzzy
>:-)

Vern Bradner vern_bradner_at_newcourt.com

My opinions are not necessarily those of Newcourt. Received on Thu Dec 24 1998 - 08:13:35 CST