Re: how important is data base design to programmers?

From: Lisa Shufflebarger <lshuff_at_gibralter.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 17:43:03 -0500

While it is true that many companies don't have the same group(s) of people designing the db and coding the applications, if you at least have developers on the team of designers, you'll run into fewer problems down the road. Having been on both sides of this particular fence, I can tell you that people who are strictly developers or designers do take different views of the process, and certain things start to fall through the cracks. After all, no one can foresee every problem or issue that may come up in the design of a database. Allowing the developers access to the design process may help head off some problems.