Group By question

From: Sean Dolan <dolans_at_stripe.Colorado.EDU>
Date: 22 Dec 98 21:17:45 GMT

        I am having a tough time trying to group the results below. Please help if you can, I would greatly appreciate it:

        RECORDID COUNT WORDID

	234		1		5678
	234		1		9807
	478		1		2345
	987		1		7642

What I would like is to have 234 show a count of 2 not 1.
	RECORDID	COUNT		WORDID

	234		2		5678
	234		2		9807
	478		1		2345
	987		1		7642

And to still keep the wordid associated with the record id. I have tried to do a group by, but it tells me that my "WORDID" is not a single-group function??? I know I am doing a count for a record of ID and WordId (which would naturally return 1), but once it's returned, how do I group the record (or at LEAST the count of the records) into a sum of how many times they were returned?

Happy Holidays - and thank you,
Sean Dolan

PS please respond to sean_at_3si.com over the Holidays. Thanks again. Received on Tue Dec 22 1998 - 15:17:45 CST