Re: Scanning and Oracle

From: Paul Dorsey <pdorsey.dulcian_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/12/21

We don't actually do it that way.
We work in the scanning software and then dump to Oracle. What you need is a dll that will run your scanner. You can plug it into Oracle using FFI.
My guess is that your scanner software should have such a thing. If you want it to dump to Oracle directly you will need to write your own C++ routine.
Or maybe the high end scanning people have such a beast. Datacap or Captiva would be the most likely alternatives. But they will not be cheap.
Talk to your manufacturer. I suggest Fujitsu if you haven't already bought your scanner.

--
Paul Dorsey
Dulcian, Inc.