Re: Fetch row into Powerduilder From Oracle Stored Procedure.

From: <victor_at_mx.snet.ru>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 08:30:56 GMT

In article <75hvtu$1do10_at_news.asiaonline.net>,   "eric" <tsangh_at_asiaonline.net> wrote:
> I can fetch multi row result set into Powerbuilder's datawindow by calling
> Stored Procedure from SQL Sever and Sybase, but not from Oracle. It is
> because Oracle's stored procedure is limited to return a single row result
> set ( limited by the Select ... INTO .. clause). Is that true? Is that other
> way?
>
> I also tried to use REF CURSOR but don't know if Powerbuilder supplort it or
> not.
>
> The point is that I don't want to have the SQL written locally in
> Powerbuilder. I want to have them all stored in Oracle.
>
> Your advise is much appreciated.
>
> Eric.
> tsangh_at_asiaonline.net

Hi, Now I'm using PB 6.5 with Oracle 8.03. I have problemes with REF CURSORS and with strings in simple SELECT WHERE clause (comparision failed) in the beginning. Because I don't use object features of Oracle and LOBs I start using v7 Oracle connection - it's working perfectly. I think the problem in beta version PB "drivers" for Oracle 8.

Best regards,
Victor Stolbovoy