Re: Scanning and Oracle

From: Dolf-Jan Mulder <DJMulder_at_Advantage.nl>
Date: 1998/12/20

Hai Paul,

Thanks for your respons. We want to scan images an we don't want to make use of OCR. I prefer to store the images into the database in the Adobe PDF-format. The volumes are limited. About 5.000 pages/year. My problem is to call the scanning program, like Adobe Acrobat, from Forms. Maybe you have some sample coding for me. The second step is actually storing the informastie into the database. I would like a proces where the user doesn't have to do a lot of handling. So in Forms a button for scanning the document and a button for storing it into the database.

Dolf-Jan Mulder