Re: Scanning and Oracle

From: Paul Dorsey <pdorsey.dulcian_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/12/20

There are three vendors we investigated. If you do not want to do recognition then the problem is easy. We are doing high volumn data recognition with tax forms. Datacap and Captiva (with the latest version only) both will do an ODBC dump into a DB.
OCR for Forms did not yet.
Oracle Forms will allow you to view most standard file formats. We store the images in the DB rather than store pointers. We were worried about blowing out the file directory with 10,000,000 images. What exactly are you trying to do?
Paul Dorsey
Dulcian, Inc.
(212) 595-7223
web address: http://www.dulcian.com