Re: Link oracle database to Web site

From: pwe <pwe_at_trivadis.ch>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 13:14:54 +0000

yliu_at_creighton.edu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am new to this group. Excuse me if I ask wrong question here. Could
> anyone please tell me how I can link an oracle database to a web site? By
> saying this, I mean I would set up a form on the web site, so I can enter
> data into the database through that form or I can display data from one of
> my tables in my oracle database? Could you give a clue on where to start?
> Or point to me some useful documentaion on the web?
>
> Thank you very much in advance.

One way is the use of ORACLE's Webserver. It is able to handle stored procedures a
a special kind of an URL.

An other approach is the usage of PERL cgi-scripts. PERL has a so called DBI interface
which is although available for ORACLE databases

see http://www.hermetica.com/technologia/DBI/

A third approach is to use JAVA. You can download a thin JDBC driver from ORACLE. Sorry, but i don't have the URL in the moment. Just try a search on there
homepage :-)

peter Received on Sun Dec 20 1998 - 07:14:54 CST