Re: Deleting from tables

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 20 Dec 1998 04:35:33 GMT

If you are using Oracle8, you could look into the partitioning option. You could partitition the table based on the week ending date. Then each week you could drop the oldest partition, and create a new one. Dropping a partition should be more or less as fast as truncating the table.

regards,

Jonathan