Re: Oracle vs. MSSql

From: Michael Smith <mds_at_teleport.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 01:29:32 GMT

We use MS SQL Server 6.5, and our database is about 1 GB. We have not experienced any problems relating to its size, so I think you are probably safe as far as the size of your database is concerned.

I don't think that MS SQL Server supports bitmap indexes. I'm not the DBA, so I'm not certain, but I know that we don't use them and I have never heard any discussion of them with regard to SQL Server.

I know that Microsoft has some newsgroups relating to SQL Server (unfortunately, I don't know the names), so that might also be a good place for research.