Re: Cold/hot backup script for Oracle 8 on NT?

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 19 Dec 1998 01:38:38 GMT

On Fri, 18 Dec 1998 18:34:41 GMT, "David Spaisman" <david.spaisman_at_compaq.com> wrote:

>Does anyone use RMAN(Recovery Manager)on your small NT applications. If so,
>how is it? If not, what to do you use for backups? Do you have a script for
>cold/hot backups with the shutdown/startup etc to run on NT?

I manage several, relatively small NT databases that do not need to up 24 hours a day, so we do a cold backup each night. Our backup software kicks off a prebackup BAT file that runs a script to shutdown the databases. After the backup (to tape) is complete, another BAT file is kicked off that runs a script to restart all the instances.

Jonathan Received on Fri Dec 18 1998 - 19:38:38 CST