SQLNet Round Robin

From: Chris Dipple <chris_at_chin.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 10:21:56 -0000

We are using SQLNet 2.1 and have two entries in the address list in TNSNAMES.ORA. The second entry is intended for use in the event of a disaster only.

Our clients open a single connection for interactive use (ODBC) and occasionally
for reporting purposes a second connection is opened. I would expect it to pick up
the first entry in the address list but it always seems to pick up the second one (which
is not normally active). If we add a third entry then it will pick this up on the next attempt,
etc. It seems to be doing a round robin and there is no apparent way of stopping it.

Does anyone know how to force it always to start from the first address entry???

Chris
chris_at_chin.demon.co.uk Received on Fri Dec 18 1998 - 04:21:56 CST