How to write a transparent gateway?

From: Rich Armstrong <rearmstrong_at_quark-chicago.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 18:06:40 -0600

Does anyone know where to find information about how to write a new transparent gateway, i.e., one for a data source that Oracle doesn't already support? We're interested in doing this for a home-grown data source (to whose proprietary API we have access, of course).

I do not expect that writing a T.G. is simple, but I can't understand the
(apparent) lack of a published spec.

TIA Rich Armstrong
(remove the e from my e-mail address to reply directly)