Software to scan in forms

From: Herbert Lensche <lensche_at_uni-duesseldorf.de>
Date: 1998/12/16

Hi,

I am looking for some scanner software that should recognize when boxes in forms are checked and return that data in some file that could be further processed with some database or statistical program.

I tried "Teleform" which works good with SPSS, but the need to place strange marks and codes on the forms is not acceptable for my purpose.

Very welcome would also be a hint to some piece of sourcecode, which does this job.

One more question:

Does anyone know about fast (less than 10 seconds per A4 page) and cheap scanners?

Thanks, Herbert Received on Wed Dec 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CST