ODBC driver for Visual Fox Pro and Oracle 8

From: <nbrown_at_epnet.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 22:09:39 GMT

Hi-

We are going to be migrating from Oracle 7.3 to Oracle 8.05, which will require us to switch/upgrade our ODBC layer. We currently have some Visual FoxPro 5.0 applications that represent the client interface to Oracle 7.3. Our current ODBC layer is Intersolv DataDirect Series, 2.12 32-BIT Oracle7, which is not compliant with Oracle 8, which forces our hand in this matter. We are currently weighing the following options - upgrade Intersolv (costs $$) or convert to a freebie (Microsoft for Oracle). Any advise on the best approach here? Thanks a lot...