Re: Powerbuilder

From: Michael Smith <mds_at_teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 05:02:00 GMT

I have not used PowerBuilder with Oracle, but I have used it with several other databases (mainly MS SQL Server and Sybase SQL Server). It's not unusual for it to take a few seconds to attach to a database, but after that I haven't had any response problems based on PowerBuilder.

If you are new to PowerBuilder, my guess is that your application might need some tuning. There is often more than one way to do something with it, and I have often found that I can make my applications run faster by doing something a different way.

In case you didn't know, Sybase offers a week long course called "Fasttrack to PowerBuilder". I have taken the course, and it's well worth the price (no, I don't work for any organization that provides such training).