Re: Oracle 8 and ODBC truncation problems

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 02:53:31 GMT

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998 00:01:05 GMT, mira_at_primus.com wrote:

>I have a C++ ODBC program which replicates a (Versant) database into
>an Access database for reporting purposes. The program should also
>work with an other ODBC database, so I've been testing it with Oracle
>8 on NT. I'm having trouble with SQLBindParameter when the SQLExecute
>is inside a loop. Oracle (or the drivers?) seems to be ignoring the
>final parameter which is SQL_NTS. Instead of copying the whole
>string, it only copies part of it. If I redo the SQLBindParameter
>call, it works - but I don't think I should have to do that.

--snip snip--
>Any ideas would be appreciated.

You are correct...you shouldn't have to call SQLBindParameter again
for this to work.  I ran across this same bug, which has since been
fixed in 8.0.3.0.2 or greater version of our ODBC driver.

From the ODBC Release Notes (indicating bugs fixed):

                        Version 8.0.3.0.2

Just download a later version of the ODBC driver from the "Free Software" section on http://www.oracle.com.

>Mira Lieberman
>mira_at_primus.com

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Tue Dec 15 1998 - 20:53:31 CST