Question about OCI 8 handles.

From: Will Hartung <Will.Hartung_at_msoft.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 21:30:01 GMT

My first cut at calling OCIDefineByPos is blurting about an invalid handle. It only requires 3 handles, the statement, define and error handle. Define is a null pointer (like the examples), and the others are...well...handles, I guess.

I couldn't say whether it's the error handle for the statement handle that is having the problem, save that they both seem to work in an earlier OCIBindByName call.

Here's the relevant snippet:

OCIDefine *defnp = NULL;

sword swResult = OCIDefineByPos(stmthp, &defnp, errhp,

    nPos, pObject, nLength, swType, pIndicators, NULL, NULL, OCI_DEFAULT);

Any ideas?

Thanx!

Will Hartung
(willh_at_msoft.com) Received on Tue Dec 15 1998 - 15:30:01 CST