Re: Oracle Performance

From: Barbara Kennedy <barbken_at_teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 21:19:03 GMT

Drop the ODBC; very inefficient. Switch to the Oracle's OLE objects (more efficient) and read some of the pointers they give for performance. Also you need to determine what is slow (i.e. where is the bottleneck.) But having a lot of CPU usage is usually an indication of a lot of reparsing due to ODBC or badly formed queries.
Jim