ORA-04031: what is KQLS heap?

From: Bill Buchan <bbuchan_at_ossian.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 16:45:32 -0000

Hi,

I'd be very grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction with this. I got an ORA-04031 today so I checked the shared pool (v$sgastat) and found something called the KQLS heap was using all the memory. I flushed the shared pool, but then found as soon as I did any DML (not select) then KQLS heap would become huge again and the ORA-04031 error recurred.

I have since upped the SHARED_POOL_SIZE parameter by a few megs and the error has gone away. However, KQLS heap is still enormous seems to go up and down small fractions as transactions run.

My question is what is the KQLS heap and why does it get so big (from 50k after a flush to 5Meg on deleting 3 rows from a 3 column table)? Is this right? If not, what might be wrong?

Any advice would be very much appreciated! (Oracle 8.0.4 on NT 4.0)

Many thanks,
- Bill Buchan Received on Tue Dec 15 1998 - 10:45:32 CST