Re: Oracle 8.0.5 and os_roles=true on UNIX (Solaris)

From: Daniel Clamage <dclamageNOSPAM_at_telerama.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 22:57:14 -0000

We have an NT Primary Domain Controller which provides external authentication for our databases running on Novell servers. However, since our AIX box is on the network via tcp/ip, the NT server does not provide external authentication for it. Each user logs onto the AIX database as a user as defined in the applications that connect to the database. We have each app get the machine username via the environement variable username; this username is stored in v$session.client_info via dbms_utility.set_client_info, so we can differentiate between users logged on with the same logon id..

--
- Dan Clamage
http://www.telerama.com/~dclamage