Re: ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 1598 in tablespace

From: Fred Johansen <fredj_at_pvv.org>
Date: 14 Dec 1998 23:40:09 +0100

suisum_at_ecn.ab.ca () writes:

| Hi I got the following error. What should I do?
|
| ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 1598 in tablespace SYSTEM

I got a similar error message today, numbered ORA-01654 I believe. The only difference was that it said 'index <indexname>' instead of 'temp segment'.

If you'll have a look at the Oracle documentation, each message is listed with a description and recommended action. The action recommended for my error message was to add another data file to my tablespace. Perhaps your error has a similar fix.

--
Fred Johansen <http://www.pvv.org/~fredj/> Received on Mon Dec 14 1998 - 16:40:09 CST