Re: applying Oracle application security to custom tables

From: Craig Blanock <cblanock_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 20:10:51 GMT

I know of a few ways of doing this. If you want to do this using a view and need it to be updateable, you need to make sure you define the view as a way so that all of the joins are as follows;

SELECT employee FROM employees WHERE region IN (SELECT region FROM security WHERE USERNAME = USER) with check option;

Where table2 is your security table which has the relationship between employees and what regions they can see. The PL/SQL would basically do the same filering as the view in generating your output.

Hope this helps

Craig

KR <rmakanji_at_mindspring.com> wrote in article <741qt9$bt5$1_at_camel15.mindspring.com>...