Re: Why doesn't this work?

From: GHouck <hksys_at_teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 03:58:02 GMT

KeyStroke (Jack L. Swayze Sr.) wrote:

[snip]

> Really, what I am trying to say here is that the arrogance (I used to have it
> just as you all do) is a DEFENSIVE mechanism. When someone unwittingly points
> out a flaw, by asking how to do something (something that the software doesn't
> directly support, the way the customer wants it supported) then the arrogant
[snip]

One doesn't even need to get involved with the technical issues covered here to see that you have not quite shed the arrogance of which you accuse
others. Obviously, there is some undercurrent between you and Mr Kyte (who
seems pretty measured and reasonable), so why not leave it off-line? The only
offensive remarks are emanating from your responses, which I, too, think were incorrect, and I'm by no means a maven in this arena; some things are
just obvious

Yours,

Geoff Houck
systems hk