Automatically Start/Stop Ora on AIX?

From: Scott Dudley <scott_at_telesoft.com>
Date: 1998/12/11

Forgive me if this isn't the correct forrum for this question. I'm not intimately familiar with AIX admin but need to setup a script on AIX 4.3 to automatically start/stop the database and tns listener. I've done this on other Unixes but don't know how to setup on AIX for shutdown. What I've done is create a script, /etc/rc.oracle, that takes two arguments, start and stop. I'm currently calling this script via /etc/inittab for run level 2 passing the start argument. How do I ensure a graceful shutdown?

Many thanks in advance. Received on Fri Dec 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CST